Quarantine Day Number...

Hola!

Welcome to a new blog! This is exciting. I hope it works out as well as I want it to.

So quarantine has been going on forever and I though that I would share with you what I have been reading. Its weird to have so much time on my hands to read books because I'm just not used to it. Being a English Lit student, I have had to read books but not for personal reasons, but now university is finished I decided to put my efforts into something else.
I thought about a YouTube booktube, but I decided I wanted to see how this thing would go. This is a lot easier for me. I've always been better at writing stuff down, I think that's why I wanted to write.

Quarantine has been going on for nearly six weeks. That's six weeks of nothing to do but read and order more books. I have officially lost track of the day, month and everything else. I don't even remember that last proper thing I did or when I went outside :)

I have set up a quarantine TBR which I thought to share. Its a combination of contemporary and fantasy as well as new and old.
Whats on your quarantine TBR? How many times can I say quarantine? Its beginning to sound like pandemic or unprecedented.
Let me just tell you my TBR, that would probably be easier

Quarantine TBR

1. More Happy than Not by Adam Silvera

I am a big fan of Adam Silvera's works but I have yet to read his debut novel way back from 2018. It follows Aaron who has got this life with his girlfriend and his family. His family have been trying to process the suicide of their father but they are getting through it but then Aaron meets Thomas and his thought, feeling and world being to tip upside down.
Like most of Adam's books, this sounds likes it has the fluffy contemporary romance mixed in with some more important messages; something that I have always admired about Adam.

2. Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake
This is the FINAL book in the Three Dark Crowns series and I have been honsetly putting it off! maybe this is the perfect time to read it and find out what is going to happen to our Queens, Aristole, Mirabella and Kathrine.

3. Crescent City: House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas
So, if you didn't know I am one of the BIGGEST fans of Sarah J Maas! I have loved every single one of her book and now she has come out with this beauty: an ADULT NOVEL over 800 pages long. Im gobsmacked!
We are entering in a new fae world which Sarah is amazing at writing and following Bryce Quinlian. I cant wait to read this. I am ready to be thrown and cry at everything twist she has in store for us. Disclaimer: I can NOT promise that I wont fall in love with any characters from the first book.

4. Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco 
Hunting Prince Dracula is the second book in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series following Audrey and Thomas and I have been putting this off for sooo long. I love the first book and really want to finish the series with the next three. BUT, I feel like I need to know more about each of the next people we are hunting. Maybe this means reading Dracula by Bram Stoker? I dont know?

5. We are Liars by E. Lockhart 
One thing I love is going into contemporary mystery novels blind, so I don't know anything about this novel. Only things I do know is: It is a mystery and I have the Waterstones exclusive edition. That's it. I let you know what it is about when I read it.

6. Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare 
This is another Shadowhunter trilogy following the Dark Artifices series and I sorta excited to see where it goes. we are going back in time with this one, back to Will and Tessa Herondale's Kids. Cassie Clare likes to draw out the Shadowhunter World, let see where it goes!

7. The Wicked King by Holly Black
I read The Cruel Prince, after all the hype for this series had died down so I am interested to see what is going to happen to Jude and everyone. This Fae world is so different to any that Sarah J Maas had created so it really refreshing to see it in a different light. One that a bit more recognizable

8. The Guinevere Deception by Kirsten White
This is another book to add to my historical fantasy vibes! Kirsten White is such an amazing historical fantasy writer that I am excited to see where she will be taking this classic Camelot trilogy. Kirsten White has used the King Arthur tales to create this exciting fantasy. Guinevere is a girl but is not the Guinevere we think. Its so exciting to read this, especially since Merlin is one of my all time favourite TV series.

9. Again, but Better by Christine Riccio
Again, but Better is a collage redo! something I always wished I could do. Shane has gone to study abroad despite lying to her parents about what she is studying so that she can do collage right. To me this sounds like a dream and I can't wait to read Christine's very own debut novel.

10. Trials of Apollo: Tyrant's Tomb by Rick Riordan
Finally, I really want to read the fourth book in this series. Apollo is no longer a god, he has been cast out of Olympus and hes got to get back there with help of demigod Meg. This is the best way to explore mythology. I will forever stand by it. Rick just has this way with words.

SO, that was a long list! and they are only a few. I have loads more to do because as this six weeks have already shown, its going on for a long time.
Hope you have enjoyed this post, there is more to come! Check out my insta: @analienatedreader

Love
AnAlienatedReader.
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do during Quarantine?

Reading in May